The Pointer Rescue Service and PointerFest
The Pointer Rescue Service
PRS is the worlds oldest Pointer Rescue charity, recognised here in the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe. As a serious minded organisation we operate under the strict and professional guidelines of the Charity Commission; our accounts are published as is our Constitution, we are a transparent organisation welcoming new friends to join our existing group.
The funds raised last year helped dogs from Montenegro and to support the start up of another organisarion. Money is always necessary because there are so many Pointers that deserve to be rescued. There are many and varied ways PRS help Pointers:
- Fostering: short and long term – this helps our experienced team to assess each dog and enables our home finders to find them their perfect forever home.
- Placing Pointers in their forever home.
- Supporting new owners for life with their PRS dog.
- Transporting, paying for transportation of Pointers from across Europe when we have vacancies for fostering and rehoming in the UK.
- Paying for neutering and medical expenses of dogs being released to PRS.
- Paying for the chronic medical care of dogs that have been rehomed (for example the unexpected development of diabetes).
- Awarding grants to other recognised formal Charities that operate under UK charity law. We regularly work with other national and international Charities, especially if they have Pointers that need rehoming.
- Continuing to work towards purchasing and building a permanent Pointer Sanctuary .
At the moment we are raising money to support three Irish Pointers that need rescuing from long term kennelling. They need to be medically checked, neutered, chipped and passported before we can arrange transport to fostering and assessment, with our eventual aim of finding them their forever home. This is an example of one of many ongoing projects from Ireland to three legged Pointers from Crete.
Money raised at this PointerFest will be used for the medical treatment and transportation of the three dogs in Ireland, supporting fostering and final forever home placement.
Please take this opportunity at Pointerfest to come and chat with any Friends of PRS to find out more about the extraordinary breed we all love so much:
Join us and become a Pointer Rescue Friend
There are so many ways to helps:
Take part in one of our many national events: 2018 Northern Pointer Party, Southern Beach Gallops, working on stalls at Crufts and Royal Ascot, at one of the many formal or fund dogs shows across the country, better still run a raffle or tombola stall yourself.
How you can help, become a happy snappy photographer or become a budding writer contributing to our “Adopter’s Tail” book and our bi-annual newsletter.
These are just some ideas, come and have a chat with one of the Friends and start taking action to rescue our fantastic Pointer friends.